Monday, August 15, 2005

The Dream - Part 3

With our eyes still locked together in that penetrating gaze
The whole world did swirl around us, blurring all into a daze
It did happen at that moment our blessed silence broke
With the sweetest of foreboding, just a word within a choke

Not the kind that hinders hearing; not with sadness of an end
But with longing for another day when things begin again
Yes, the word my non-corporeal love sent from his soul to mine
Was a precious, hard to hear, yet not unpalatable kind

As he uttered this one word his breath fell warm upon my skin
And his silky voice did soothe my soul and calm me from within
With the last res’nating hint of his sweet solitary word
Our private realm of paradise flitted round us like a bird

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I sponsor a poetry contest with a $10,000 first place prize every month. I thought your poem would be a good candidate. Just click my name for the site. Keep on writing...

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been here a couple of times, and I'm always quite impressed. Not sure if you have heard or have any interest, but there is a poetry contest that has a top prize of $10,000 and other prizes. Just click my name for the site. Whatever you do, just keep writing...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Commissioner said...

I like your work too.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely your work shows strong merit...I see paintings with the poems printed behind, around, through the imagery of your words.

don't leave this stuff...check out poetry pete's suggestion and, perhaps, meet with a lady I know name of Kathleen Lawless Cox...she's probably listed in the phone book...poet laureate of the QCA...she might have insights for you...an older Irish lass with a javascript:void(0)
Publish Your Commentcat and an artist--painter, too.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you need to send this blog out to some of your friends and family...they don't always respond but tell 'em to keep it as a favorite and check it every once in a while and keep sending it out to 'em every time you post or every month or whatever to keep them in the loop...networking or as Dale would say, "Knotworking."

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home